Two months ago, Pooja from @lostinprettyeurope nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you for nominating me Pooja 🙂 Go check out her blog as she documents her adventure travels with beautiful pictures!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given out by bloggers to fellow bloggers who blog about positive, happy and inspiring content. I think this concept is also a great way of discovering other positive blogs.
If my nominees want to accept the award, I encourage you to read and follow the rules below:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Here are my answers to the eleven questions that Pooja asked:
1. What is the one place that you keep going back to?
Hong Kong! The food…energy…and people always take me back!
2. What joys does blogging bring you?
Wistful joy. A lot of times you remember the experience but forget the small details, but once I blog it down (similar to a journal) and look back, the moment becomes so much more vivid.
3. What is your favorite international food?
Sushi! I’d never get tired of sushi!
4. What foods do you like the best from your country?
Sweet tofu pudding, sweet and sour pork, and steamed shrimp dumplings!
5. Name three reasons why I should visit your country.
a) the night skyline is stunning
b) nightlife is very active so you’ll never run out of things to do and explore
c) delicious eats! If you’re up for some dessert I’d recommend sweet tofu pudding – it’s refreshing and not super sweet.
6. What are some of the best travel-themed books you’ve read?
National Geographic’s Dawn to Dusk Photographs – this is more so a coffee-table book but I enjoy paging through and immersing myself into the magnificent photographs.
7. If you could change your gender for one day, what would you do?
Hmm…haha I haven’t thought about this one actually!
8. Have you ever lived abroad? If yes, what places?
9. How many languages do you speak? What are they?
Mainly 2 – English and Cantonese, but also limited French and Mandarin.
10. Name some of the outdoor activities that you enjoy doing
Baking, swimming, biking, and yoga. Yoga esp on a beach!
11. What are the most overrated places you’ve been to?
Hmm I’d say none. A lot of places may not be as interesting or exciting but I think they’re still neat in their own way.
Nominees and Questions
I nominate the following bloggers for the Sunshine Award. All these blogs are amazing and worth a visit if you have time!
1. Vanessa from Wanderlustplusone
2. SueT唐 梦 琇 from Sue’s Fabulous Travels
3. Lisa from From Dream to Plan
4. Mabel from Mabel Kwong
5. Honeylemonchai from Honey Lemon Chai
6. VY from VYLYST
7. Sileas from Sweetescapes
8. Christina from Northern Sunlight
9. Fede from La Dépaysée
10. Jeann from Lost in the Bermuda Triangle
11. Flo from The Eloquent Traveller
And now my questions for you are:
1. What country are you from?
2. If you were to get me a souvenir from your country, what would you get me?
3. What’s the meaning behind your blog name/handle?
4. Coffee or tea and why?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. Have you travelled solo before?
7. What’s a good book you’ve read lately?
8. Which place have you visited that you think has the most beautiful scenery?
9. What’s your favourite season?
10. Which is your favourite holiday?
11. What is the first place on your travel wishlist?
Have fun, I look forward to reading your answers! 🙂